This week I received a fax from an attorney I know setting a hearing for a client that was firing me and hiring her!
I immediately picked up the phone and called her. I said just send over the forms and I'll sign everything so that the hearing won't be necessary.
Also, once she's the attorney of record, I need to send her all the documents in my file so that she can be on-top of the case.
Of course, I did not tell her that he owes me money and has not followed the terms of our Legal Services Agreement! He only made one payment and he's missed 2-3 monthly payments. I was getting ready to withdraw from his case due to his lack of paying and lack of returning my phone calls!
My Legal Services Agreement clearly states that a client can file me at any time and I will withdraw at any time they are unhappy with my representation.
Of course, my contact also includes that I can file a client at any time they refuse to honor their promise to me to make their monthly payments or they refuse to respond to my letters or phone calls.
Obviously the client is unhappy for some reason (since he has not talked to me I don't know the reason) but I never try to hold onto a client that wants to use another attorney.
I don't have this happen often but when it happens I try to make the transition as smooth as possible.
In this case, I've known the new attorney for years and I like her very much. We have always had a very cordial relationship at the courthouse. We have always been able to work together on cases where we are opposing counsel. I want her to have everything she needs in order to finish this case.
If you are not happy with your attorney, contact him/her. Let her/him know why. Perhaps there is an explanation.
With everyone using cell phones, perhaps he tried to call me and he thought he left me a message but I did not receive it. That is why I try to call someone (or email someone) and if I don't hear from them I follow up with a written letter. I don't just email or voice mail. Sometimes there are "gremlins" tinkering with our technology!
Use the largest online attorney directory to quickly find detailed profiles of Texas lawyers and law firms in your area.
Đăng ký:
Đăng Nhận xét (Atom)
Bài đăng phổ biến
-
San Antonio Texas Real Estate Attorney Trey Wilson wrote: As a real estate lawyer in San Antonio -- and one who frequently deals with rea...
-
San Antonio Texas Real Estate Attorney Trey Wilson wrote: Sometimes buyers discover issues, problems or defects in real property after cl...
-
San Antonio Texas Real Estate Attorney Trey Wilson wrote: As a San Antonio lawyer with an active real estate law practice, I routinely fie...
-
San Antonio Texas Real Estate Attorney Trey Wilson wrote: Many boilerplate/form/template contracts providing for the sale of Texas real est...
-
San Antonio Texas Real Estate Attorney Trey Wilson wrote: As a San Antonio lawyer with an active real estate practice , I am frequently qu...
-
The office of the US Attorney, District of Arizona, reports that a Tucson, AZ man was found guilty of real estate fraud. Dino Sisneros, 42,...
-
As reported by various news publishers, A South Florida resident, formerly from Dublin, OH, was charged with a $13.8 million dollar real est...
-
Our law firm has been helping the wrongfully accused in Bexar County, San Antonio and in Texas. We believe that every person deserves a fair...
-
Last March, a federal jury returned guilty verdicts in United States District Court in Austin, Texas against five current and former Austin ...
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét